Greenlane is committed to providing safe and high-quality products to our business partners and consumers. As a leading distributor of vaporization hardware and e-cigarettes, we are concerned about recent reports of acute health issues related to vaping. We are dedicated to consumer safety and take numerous preventative steps to protect the health and safety of end users and ensure the quality and integrity of our products. We will continue working tirelessly to enhance consumer safety and provide the best products on the market.
Have any of Greenlane’s customers or end users reported health issues related to products you sell?
- We are not aware of any reports of health issues related to our products.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), state and local health departments, and other clinical and public health partners are currently investigating recent reports concerning vaping-related illness. Initial findings suggest that many of the acute health problems stem from certain dangerous additives contained in cannabis oil that is sold on illicit markets.
- Greenlane does not sell or produce cannabis oil – we exclusively sell empty vaporizer cartridge hardware to state-licensed businesses, which ensures our hardware only reaches consumers after cannabis oils are placed inside by licensed and regulated third parties that have undergone and passed state-mandated laboratory testing.
- Many of the vaporizers that we sell are loose-leaf or dry herb vaporizers that exclusively use heat instead of liquid cartridges. This method avoids any contact with oils or additives.
What measures does Greenlane have in place to protect consumer safety?
- Greenlane exclusively sells empty vaporizer cartridge hardware to state-licensed cannabis businesses, ensuring that the completed product only reaches consumers after the cannabis oils placed inside by these licensed third parties have passed state-mandated laboratory testing.
- This regulated, controlled supply chain process prevents our vaporizer hardware from falling into the hands of illegal producers of cannabis cartridges destined for illicit markets.
- Greenlane only partners with vaporizer hardware manufacturers that employ appropriate safety and quality control measures, such as testing for heavy metals and other harmful substances.
- To help promote consumer safety, we are diligently working to implement a program that will allow end-users to identify dangerous counterfeit vape products posing as legitimate ones.
What steps does Greenlane take to prevent the sale of e-cigarettes to minors?
- E-cigarettes and other vaping products should never be marketed or sold to minors, and we take our responsibility on this very seriously.
- We strongly believe that appropriate controls to prevent the sale and use of these products by minors are critical. Not only do we proudly comply with all current regulations, we have taken action ahead of regulatory developments to further prevent the sale of e-cigarettes and vaping products to minors.
- In October of 2018 we voluntarily stopped distributing flavored JUUL products that were considered to be youth-oriented, as we agree that minors could perceive these products to be more appealing than traditional tobacco flavors.
- The vast majority of Greenlane’s business partners, as well as our own Higher Standards retail locations, are brick-and-mortar stores that do not permit entry by unaccompanied minors and that verify age and identification at point of purchase.
- We also offer resources to our customers that enhance their ability to effectively enforce age restrictions.
- We help promote awareness and provide discounted access to training tools for staff and management on preventing sales to minors.
- We support additional legal and regulatory action to ensure that no minor has access to e-cigarettes or other vaping products.
- We strongly believe that the federal legal age for tobacco and nicotine products should be raised to 21.
- We also support restricting the sale of e-cigarettes and other vaping products to age-gated environments only, rather than locations such as convenience stores and gas stations where minors may more easily access these products.
Are you going to stop selling JUUL products?
- Greenlane believes that e-cigarettes like JUUL can play an important and positive harm reduction role by reducing cigarette smoking. Greenlane plans to continue selling these products for adult consumers, in a responsible and legally compliant manner.
- Reducing the availability of responsibly manufactured e-cigarettes such as JUUL only enhances the possibility that consumers will turn to more dangerous products like e-cigarettes purchased on the illicit market and combustible cigarettes.