Greenlane, founded in 2005, is the leading distributor of premium brands in the burgeoning head shop, smoke shop, and dispensary channels. We devise bespoke go-to-market solutions as well as sales and marketing strategies for the best products in the industry and aid their manufacturers at every turn of the product life cycle. We have operations in seven North American cities including six highly automated distribution centers. We also own and operate several leading e-commerce websites, and brick and mortar retail outlets. We work in a fast-paced and competitive industry that demands hard work and dedication, but we have built a unique company culture that allows our growing team of more than two hundred to support our success, each other, and surpass our goals all while having fun.
Under the direct supervision of the Warehouse Manager–S&P, the Receiving Clerk will work effectively and efficiently within a warehouse environment, and execute critical functions consisting but not limited to, off-loading floor and/or palletized in-bound deliveries, checking delivery contents against packing lists and Greenlane purchase orders for accuracy, signing for deliveries, addressing and resolving any problems with inbound deliveries, systematically receiving all merchandise within Net Suite, adhering to all receiving SOPs, including developing a working knowledge of warehouse organization best practices, crafting proper OS&D (over, short and damaged), documentation, and collaborating with other receiving, shipping, quality control, Greenlane Team members and associates to ensure superior customer satisfaction at all times.
He or she must effectively and optimistically contribute towards a positive, safe, clean and high energy work environment, providing exemplary hands-on execution of daily tasks, owning/leading all receiving related objectives, to include ensuring adequate traceability and transparency across all efforts and the documentation thereof.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively contribute to our optimistic “all for one, and one for all” high performing team culture.
- Always promote and ensure a Safety-First Awareness and OSHA compliant facility.
- Ensure that all Personal Protective Equipment is always used within the work environment(s).
- Perform daily inspections for safety, cleanliness and supply levels.
- Conduct a daily pre-shift forklift inspection and submit your daily report to the Warehouse Manager immediately thereafter.
- Utilize forklifts within the warehouse in a safety-first mindset. No speeding and/or misuse of any kind.
- Physically receive all shipments arriving into the facility timely and as outlined per SOPs and best practices.
- Validate materials being received into the facility are accurate, as listed within Greenlane’s PO and Packing List.
- Ensure cases are neatly stacked & shrink wrapped onto pallets for safe storage within warehouse racks.
- Ensure all inventory movements are systematically progressively transacted.
- Perform inventory cycle counts as needed.
- Ensure that all pallet housings within racks are in pristine conditions.
- Practice customer service when interacting with other Greenlane associates, companies and clients and see to it all external parties receive a positive interaction with the company.
- Work with other receiving clerks to see that all daily objectives are handled promptly, and goods are shipped and stored properly.
- Organize stock and merchandise within the warehouse by properly boxing and storing goods in their designated locations.
- Report any and all issues regarding facility and employee relations to the Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager, Director of HR.
- Keep the Warehouse Manager informed of any and all issues, concerns, changes, and output productivity.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or designee.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- High school diploma / GED.
- Must have experience using a forklift.
- Critical thinking, analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized and detailed orientated.
- Naturally optimistic and self-propelled/motivated.
- Must enjoy working within a high paced, multi-tasking work environment.
- Must have experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and other inventory management software.
- 1+ years’ experience in working within a warehouse operations environment.
- Knowledge of standard warehouse or stockroom practices and procedures.
- Skilled in using a computer and basic application software used in warehouse operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must have Word and Excel experience.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
By applying for this role, I understand that if I’m offered a position with the company I will be required to submit to the pre-employment aptitude testing, and background screening as a condition of employment.
Greenlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Greenlane complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.