Greenlane, founded in 2005, is the leading distributor of premium brands in the burgeoning head shop, smoke shop, and dispensary channels. We devise bespoke go-to-market solutions as well as sales and marketing strategies for the best products in the industry and aid their manufacturers at every turn of the product life cycle. We have operations in seven North American cities including six highly automated distribution centers. We also own and operate several leading e-commerce websites, and brick and mortar retail outlets. We work in a fast-paced and competitive industry that demands hard work and dedication, but we have built a unique company culture that allows our growing team of more than two hundred to support our success, each other, and surpass our goals all while having fun.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including healthcare and 401k with match, plus perks like a gym membership, super healthy snacks made fresh daily, and more. Greenlane promotes from within, allowing driven candidates the ability to earn progressive roles and responsibilities.
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for the establishment and execution of company strategies, category plans, and vendor/SKU assortment plans, to deliver the sales, margin and inventory objectives developed with the leadership team. This person has extensive interaction with the VP of Merchandising, and other functional departments within the organization including sales, marketing, procurement, and supply chain. She/he develops annual strategy plans for categories, vendors, and SKU assortment. Leads the Product Management team and interacts with appropriate departments throughout the Company to develop, manage, and execute vendor/SKU new launches, SKU life cycle, pricing, strategize and implement category and assortment plans, prioritize product development projects, and manage vendor relationships. The Merchandising Manager will ensure that these strategies and tactics support and enhance the Company's strategies and financial plans and are responsible for building and managing the Product Management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages the strategic direction for multiple categories and vendors.
- Based on market conditions and company financial goals, develop product category role and intent strategies with VP of Merchandising to determine the appropriate allocation of resources to maximize sales and profit potential.
- Develops, maintains, and achieves category sales, margin, and inventory plans.
- With the VP Merchandising, collaboratively develops and executes house brand concepts and penetration goals to support the company’s vision.
- Drives the category and assortment planning process to include new category & item development, promotional plans, and ensure first to market positioning whenever possible.
- Supports the VP of Merchandising by collaboratively developing global vendor plans, while also managing the N.A. vendor relationships.
- Collaborates with Procurement, Planning, Sales, and Marketing to develop category sales, profit, and inventory plans, and works to implement strategic initiatives to drive results.
- Regularly reviews competitors to understand our competitive advantages and positioning.
- Partners cross-functionally to support category strategies and the needs of the business.
- Hires, develop and manages the Product Management team.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or designee.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in Merchandising/Procurement/Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing and wholesale industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization.
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate at both the tactical and strategic levels.
- Good understanding of industry norms and practices.
- Solid track record meeting sales, margin, and inventory targets.
- Degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations/Retail Management, Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- Proficient in category management and assortment planning processes.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with the awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
- Ability to manage, train, and develop merchandising staff.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, and/or walking.
By applying for this role, I understand that if I’m offered a position with the company I will be required to submit to the pre-employment aptitude testing, and background screening as a condition of employment.
Greenlane provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Greenlane complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training