Director of Sales, Canada
Greenlane Canada, based near Toronto in Mississauga, Ontario is the Canadian division of Greenlane - the world's leading distributor of premium brands in the burgeoning head shop, smoke shop, and dispensary channels.
Since 2005, Boca Raton, FL headquartered Greenlane has worked diligently to build a reputation as the industry leader by meeting the needs of our customers, suppliers, and the end-users of the products we distribute. Over the last decade plus, we have grown to over 125 employees with operations in 6 cities across North America, and we continue to grow by finding ways to better serve the needs of our customers and suppliers. We hold exclusive distribution rights to the most sought after brands and products in the category and work diligently to expand our industry leading offerings to stay on the cutting edge.
Having established domestic operations in 2013, Greenlane Canada has become a leader in the Canadian market by providing the same best-in-class merchandising and sales support, customer service, and logistics our customers around the world have grown to love.
The Director of Sales will manage revenue, recruit top sales talent and will own P&L responsibility for the Toronto based Canadian operations of Greenlane. The position entails developing and managing key KPIs for the Canadian sales operations of the company in partnership with our United States based executive leadership team. The DOS manages functions essential to the productivity of the Canadian sales force and the company. The DOS position entails planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation and recruiting and selection of sales force talent in addition to the key business functions of operations and customer service.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Sales also works closely with the Executive Team to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are managed accordingly within the Canadian office. This position necessitates great leadership skills, entrepreneurial acumen and tenacity
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the Canadian sales division
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions within the organization.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas amongst all assigned sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure Canadian sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of all sales related automated processes, sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing processes and reports, or assists in the development of new tools as needed.
- Designs, prioritizes and implements technologies, including CRM, to sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the Canadian sales organization.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Works within realistic constraints of the company’s resources.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, aids with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- 5+ years of management experience
- Bachelor's degree; MBA is a plus
- Operational experience at a growth business with a proven track record of success preferably in the - consumer packaged goods and/or electronics distribution space.
- Strong ability to analyze financial statements and quickly form actionable insights.
- Ability to allocate resources and multi task based on changing priorities.
- Paid Holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off) Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Candidate Referral Program
- Employee Purchase Discounts